My client is a media publisher in the digital gaming and tech sector, by providing our readers with unbiased, honest reviews.
Due to expansion and growth, they are looking to hire an experienced Web Editor to join the team in the Manchester office.
This isn’t just any editorial role; it’s a chance to be at the forefront of the PC gaming and hardware space. As an editor, your influence will extend from managing a dynamic team to keeping our content – especially buying guides and hands-on reviews – fresh, accurate, authoritative and engaging.
This is a hybrid role with 2 days a week working from home.
Your role is critical in maintaining the platform as the go-to destination for all things related to PC gaming technology. This means being in tune with the latest trends, understanding what our readers need to know about building and optimising their gaming PCs, and ensuring that our content always delivers value and insight.
In your role at , you’ll orchestrate the schedule, oversee content production, and manage all content effectively. Your unmatched skills in resource management will be key to ensuring timely content delivery throughout our platform. Collaboration with other site editors and product reviewers within our organisation is crucial to maintain a consistent and quality-driven review stream on our site. Your proficiency in utilising data analytics will be instrumental in refining our content strategy, identifying under-served areas, and uncovering new content opportunities. Expertise in SEO and affiliate marketing is vital for this position, and we expect you to have a proven track record in executing successful strategies in these areas.
Beyond leading our team of writers and content creators, your responsibilities as an editor include contributing your own written work when needed and crafting a strategic long-term content plan aimed at achieving our traffic goals. You’ll also represent WePC in the public eye, participating in podcasts and interviews, and upholding the highest standards of quality across our site.
Key Responsibilities For The Editor Role:
- Content Management and Strategy Development
- Team Leadership and Coordination
- Market Trend Analysis and Audience Engagement
- Content Quality and Standards
- SEO and Data Analytics
- External Communication and Brand Representation
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
Web Editor Skills/Experience:
- Proven experience of team management in an online or editorial environment
- Proven experience of managing workflow in a publishing environment
- Excellent knowledge of SEO and traffic acquisition
- Able to use WordPress and Google Analytics to a professional standard
- Excellent copy editing skills
- Keen interest in PC gaming
- Digital media experience within industry – hardware.
- Specialist knowledge of PC hardware and components
Benefits for the Web Editor:
- Performance based yearly bonus scheme.
- Manchester city centre office (less than 10 minutes from Piccadilly Station)
- Flexible working hours – core hours of 9.30am-4pm with start times as early as 7:30. 2 days work from home a week (depending on client meetings and business requirements)
- 22 days holiday, increasing with each year of service + Christmas closure week
- Vitality Health Insurance – discounted gym memberships, free cinema tickets, free coffee and access to private medical treatment.
- Fully stocked snack cupboards and beer/wine/spirits fridge.
Regular company socials.